HOW TO MAKE YOUR
WILDEST DREAMS A REALITY
According to Bill Gates there are 3 keys to success in any new venture:
1) Being in the right place at the right time! (You could well be already there!)
2) Have a vision of where the industry/business youre working in is going!
3) Taking Massive and Immediate Action! (Well? It is time to act!)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the quality of their dreams."
Was it Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, the famous German poet and philosopher who said those wise words?
Here are my 15 steps to fulfilling my wildest dreams....
1. KNOW YOURSELF."
Know and accept your weaknesses and faults (we all have them.), but even more so your strengths, abilities and gifts. Build on your strengths and try to minimize or improve on your weaknesses; however work more on your strengths. An honest objective analysis of yourself is the first step in preparing you for success and realizing your dreams.
Celebrate you for just being you, a unique creation. Aim for mental clarity about what you most want out of life. Think about it and write it down. If its happiness, what do you mean by
happiness: a sense of belonging, recognition, independence, love, moneyor security? If you dont know where you are and where you want to go with your life, how will you ever get there? Aim at nothing and youre sure to hit it.
2. GET PASSIONATE
* and dont apologies for getting passionate.
* What excites you the most? If you are not enthusiastic and excited about what youre doing, your path in life, youll never get others to share your dream. Once you find your passion, you will have found your POWER, MEANING and PURPOSE in life.
3.. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PASSIONATE POOFTERS (oops, sorry PEOPLE). Must go for another P in this cold weather...
Always be aware...
* Negative people will poison your dream faster than anything else..
* Motto: "If you cant be positive, shut up!"
Try and stay positive... even in the face of negativity.
4. ACCEPT FROM THE START THAT YOU WONT PLEASE EVERYONE
* Youre going to be misunderstood, misquoted, hurt some feelings, perhaps even lose some friends (for the time being).
* Motto: " What other people think of me is none of my business!" Repeat this statement to yourself, especially when you doubt or feel discouraged - you will be many times.
5. ALWAYS BE YOURSELF
"To thine own self be true.
(Shakespeare "Hamlet", act I.3.) . This is supremely important, no matter what the world may think of you. The masses are conditioned to mediocrity and other peoples success can make them not feel so good about their own insignificant little lives the "tall poppy syndrome", so prevalent here in New Zealand and in Australia).
* Learn from others - but dont be intimidated by them, or pretend to be someone youre not; because...
"We are most effective when were being ourselves."
6. DONT BE SCARED OF MAKING MISTAKES
* The only real mistake is one from which you learn nothing.
* Motto: "Far better to try something and fail - than try nothing and succeed!"
7. ACCEPT THAT IT WILL NEVER BE EASY
* Realizing your dream may be the hardest, most uphill thing youll ever do.
A truth..."You cant coast uphill." If you truly believe in what youre doing (or trying to do), the value of your product or service and that it will ultimately HELP others, the key ingredient in success is never giving up. "Keep on keeping on" with your quest.
It has been said that "success is 99% made up of failures".
8. TRY AND STAY HUMBLE (no matter how successful you may eventually be)
* Dont ever think youve made it and. arrived - theres always lots up ahead, more to do, higher mountains to climb.
* Motto: "The greatest way to do our thing has yet to be discovered!"
9. DONT UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF - OR GOD (INFINITE INTELLIGENCE, THE UNIVERSE, OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU CALL THE GREAT CREATOR).
There is incredible power in yourself (in the form of the unique human mind), but far more so in the forces of the Universe. Make them work for you by living your life in harmony with these natural forces. Like positive energy attracts like. Enough "spiritual" thoughts!
Back to the "real world" and you...
* Avoid having a minority complex (Who am I, a nothing?") or be filled with feelings of self pity ("nobody likes me"), or think "I cant do it", which will steal your dream.
You are special and unique- a child of the Universe, of God.
* Size isnt everything (except to us men)!
10. HAVE FUN (for goodness sake!).
* Nothing is ever as bad as it seems - dont get too solemn, or serious or too downcast when things go wrong (as they surely will from time to time). Oh no, not another "stuff up"!
* Take a leaf from Thomas Edisons book: "I never did a days work in my entire life: it was all FUN!"
Laugh at lifes funny moments... and there are plenty of them. The secret of happiness is not doing what one likes, but in liking what one does. -J.M. Barrie
11. DEVELOP THE WILL TO LIVE
* because there will be plenty of times when youll face the death of your dream.
* When failures, disappointments, criticisms come, you need the will and faith for better days to keep going.
Remember: We learn far more from our failures than our successes, because failures show us what doesnt work. So failure is just one step closer to ultimate success. Often the difference between failure and success is trying just one more time, picking yourself up off the canvas after being knocked down time and again.
12. DEVELOP THE WILL TO HELP AND SERVE OTHERS.
* Success on its own (ie. for its own sake) will pollute and corrupt you - its a dead end street unless you have meaning in your life. The years of struggle breed fortitude and character. The gold may be an inch away from the seam, where your fellow miners have given up.
* You need to succeed for a reason, a purpose, a cause thats bigger than you! and IF ("a very big if) youve fulfilled all the above "requirements", "lucky thirteen"...
13. ALWAYS BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR OPPORTUNITIES.
They are all around you.
There are no permanent problems- only solutions, possibilities and opportunities. The Chinese word for crisis means danger + opportunity.
14. If you truly believe in what you are doing, DEVELOP THE WILL TO SUCCEED with absolute commitment.
* it is not enough to just survive - aim at being the best you can possibly be!
* keep your dream big, bold and even "outrageous" - dont water it down or settle for mediocrity... even if others think you are crazy!
Trust in your judgment, your intuition and your creative mind to overcome any obstacles (and youre sure to come across them).
"Be bold and mighty unseen forces come to your aid."
"What is impossible with man is possible with God.... so put your trust in the Creator and aim for the heavens, even the stars.
15. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM!
* Be patient. Dont be in too much of a hurry to achieve your goals and dreams.
* be persistent and never quit. "Keep on keeping on." As the saying goes, Winners never quit and quitters never win.
Have faith: firstly in your self, your abilities and then in a Higher Power, the Creator who wants good for you to fulfill yourself through your gifts and abilities to help others and in your own special way to make a better world.
NB: Always remember, when youve exhausted all your possibilities, remember you havent - theres always another way, a better way... and even more importantly, always another day!
Life is not a dress rehearsal, its the main event.
GO FOR THAT DREAM. It is within you and within your reach.
Craig Lock has studied and written extensively on the subject of personal success and
how to live your dreams. To date he has had five books published and numerous others are
being published on the Internet. HANDBOOK TO SURVIVE THE NINETIES (AND THE NEW CENTURY)
and STEPS TO SUCCESS, PROSPERITY AND HAPPINESS are two of his books on this vast subject.
Copyright © 2001-2004, Pam Jones,